The Upright Vacuums are the vacuums of the modern era. Right?
Our favorite too.
Furthermore, their ease of use and powerful suction ability has enhanced cleaning to the depth of any surface. With these brawny designed appliances, users feel relieved as its deep cleaning is suitable for various sorts of floors, surfaces, and carpets.
Upright vacuums are a brilliant choice when it comes to homes with wall-to-wall carpeting as it is easy to maneuver.
Families who own a pet can now be at ease, as an upright vacuum can pick up dirt, debris, pet hair fallen deep in the carpet or in uptight places with a single pass.
It doesn’t end here, with some attachments provided users can transform their upright vacuums into cleaning molding, baseboards, and upholstery.
One can find various kinds of upright vacuums in the market launched by some top-notch companies.
How Do We Test Our Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2022?
So, at The Vacuum Hub we conduct countless tests in order to find out the best upright vacuum in 2022. Our tests are mainly based upon spilled baby powder and some pet hair on the carpet. We even tried some debris on the hard floor. Based upon the tests we made a list of the best upright vacuum cleaner in 2022.
According to the US and Canadian market the NDP group shows higher popularity of the upright vacuum cleaners.
Moreover, what people like the most about them is the weight of the vacuum cleaner is never on the wrist. Instead it is always on the floor. People prefer them due to their mobility, ease of use, and stronger suction power.
We can say that upright vacuum cleaners are for larger homes as you do not have to worry about the battery. They can perform for longer hours with greater ease of use. Also, their are known as the stronger cleaners, certain features make them wanted by everyone.
What Kind of Home and Floors You Have?
Do you live in an apartment or a large home with multiple floors?
You must consider every aspect before making the right choice. Because an upright vacuum cleaner suits homes that are spacious and require consistent vacuuming often.
You can choose the one that comes with a larger capacity of holding dirt, various cleaning tools and longer or retractable power cords.
Countless things to consider, right?
An upright is said to clean carpets way better than the others. As it comes with a brush roll that gets into the carpet fibers. The dirt on the carpet loosens up, and it immediately vanishes it away making it an excellent carpet cleaner.
It also gives you to the ease of switching the modes with one click as you transition between a carpet and a hard floor. How little things make life so much easy only if you make the right choice at the right time.
Do We Need to Consider HEPA Filtration?
Yes, we do. If you or your family members are facing the allergy issues, your major concern would be to go for HEPA filtration.
It’s no joke, especially if you are a sufferer. Choosing the right vacuum cleaner will change the quality of air you breathe in, reducing your symptoms remarkably.
HEPA filters claim to clean air with an efficiency of 99.97%. It is also great for capturing minute dust particles which you normally cannot see with the bare eyes. So, invest in your health and not just in a vacuum cleaner.
Now, you may find two types of upright vacuum cleaners in the market. Bagged vs bagless upright vacuum cleaners. Now, let’s clarify how to decide which one suits you the best. Make the right choice especially if you have allergies.
Learn all about HEPA filters. Furthermore, what is the best HEPA vacuum cleaner?
Bagged vs Bagless? Is Controlling Allergens a Concern?
First, we need to identify whether we need a bagged vacuum or a bagless one. Bagless vacuum cleaners will save you a lot of money as you do not need to buy the bags again and again. They are cost efficient.
However if you have asthma or allergies you must avoid choosing a bagless vacuum. Sometimes, when emptying the dirt cup of the vacuum cleaner, it exposes a lot of dirt in the air, which makes it a terrible choice for allergy sufferers.
Whereas, bagged vacuum cleaners last longer as the bag containing dirt is replaceable and makes it new with every change. We consider it a great option for people with various allergies as they do not have to encounter with the dirt.
If you more clarity on which one you should go for – bagged or bagless vacuum? The Vacuum Hub has done a lot of research and eventually prepared an in-depth post to find out what is the best choice for you.
The post’s focus is to find out which one is the right vacuum for you according to various people’s comments on the most popular forum that is Reddit.
Furthermore, if you have wall-to-wall carpeting and you think your carpet could be the culprit of allergies. Let’s get to know how to get rid of carpet allergies?
What to Look for in an Upright?
High Priority Features to Look For in an Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Some of the key features that need your attention might be,
Today, most upright vacuum cleaners come with this prominent feature. If your vacuum cleaner has a swiveling joint at cleaning head, then it will not put the pressure on your wrists. It is an important feature if you vacuum a large home, making you less tired.
This feature makes the cleaning of the carpets easier as the brush roll unsettles the carpet fibers for deep cleaning. You can control this feature and can turn it off while shifting to a hard floor from a rug. Not only suction plays an important role while cleaning carpets or rugs. This revolutionary feature has shown a tremendous change in cleaning carpets.
The belt connects with the motor directly to perform efficiently. If the belt loses tension over time, the performance of a vacuum is greatly affected.
It is always great to have extra attachments at hand. It lets you clean all kinds of spaces, upholstery, and even furniture.
Features You May Not Neglect in an Upright
We talked about some of the key feature above and now we will talk about the features that you may not neglect because they are also important while choosing an upright vacuum cleaner.
Of course, how can you neglect suction? A powerful motor of the vacuum cleaner means excellent suction. It makes it easier to clean heavier particles as well.
Easy to Carry
Because of the estimated weight of an upright vacuum cleaner. It gets pretty easy to carry it around the house, especially if you have multiple floors. The typical weight is between 13-18 pounds. Look for a lighter model if you have health conditions like arthritis.
If this is a major concern, then look for the models that offer noise reduction and quite operation.
Look for a durable model while making a choice as you do not want to change your vacuum cleaners every day. Some brands mentioned below have gained the reputation of making the most durable vacuum cleaners. According to consumer reports, Shark, Miele, and Sebo have earned the reputation of the most reliable, upright vacuum cleaners.
This detailed guide will help you decide which one to opt for.
So, in this post, we have studied and tested the best picks available in the market, which will make it easier for you as a buyer to decide which upright vacuum to go for.
The 7 Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2022
Following are the 7 best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2022 that made to our list:
1. Shark NV352 Navigator Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
Shark NV352 is one of the best in the lineups of such vacuums because of its effectiveness and reliability as it needs very little maintenance.
Following are some of the features that make it shine:
- It comes with a detachable pod which you can even remove if needed. With attachments such as a dusting brush or the wand. It allows the user to clean the above-floor surfaces like furniture, cars, stairs, or anywhere thus, not only bounded to one variable.
- The anti-allergen and complete seal technology and HEPA filter enable it to trap the dust and allergens inside the vacuums, thus giving a clean finish. It tackles the allergens across the whole home.
- Other than being powerful, Shark NV352 comes in handy due to its lightweight and versatility. Weighing only 14lbs it allows its users to have effortless portability.
- If the user doesn’t require its powerful suction abilities, you can always turn off the brush roll and the vacuum instantly switches to gentle cleaning of the surface/floor.
- The vacuum comes with a swivel steering system which allows the user to easily maneuver around corners, furniture, or any sort of uptight places.
- It comes with some attachments that the user can remove anytime like upholstery tools and two crevice tools of different length that allows the user to clean even the hard-to-reach areas or tight spaces.
Apart from all these exceptional features, it has some cons as well:
- The cord is too short, which makes it difficult for the user to clean all the areas using the same power outlet.
- The canister detachment method gives a hard time to the user.
As it’s one of the most popular vacuums out in the market. The Vacuum Hub has prepared a detailed analysis on the Shark NV352. Check it out.
2. Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka is a well-known brand in the market of vacuum cleaners all across Europe and the USA.
The Eureka NEU182a makes day to day cleaning even easier with its lightweight and bagless design.
Apart from being cheap, it comes with various innovative features listed below:
- It comes with a dynamically designed motor along with a brush roll which enables deep cleaning by lifting heavy and stubborn particles of debris. It is further enhanced by its 12.6” nozzle that covers more area quickly.
- Weighing only 10 pounds makes it extremely lightweight which results in its easy handling and maneuvering throughout the cleaning process.
- The Eureka Neu182a comes with five height adjustment settings which the users can avail of just by turning the dial thus, making it suitable for all floor types throughout the home such as hard floors, shag rug, high pile rugs, carpets, etc.
- Having an extra-large capacity dust cap of 4.1 liters, it can hold up to more dirt and debris and requires less emptying than many other upright vacuums.
- Washable filter
- For further convenience of its customers, it comes along with some additional tools such as a seven-inch-long crevice tool (7”), dusting brush, and an upholstery tool. They help the user to reach the above areas thus, cleaning throughout the home.
Apart from being extremely lightweight and a cheaper price, it does have a negative aspect too:
- The extension hose is too short, as it makes the appliance tip over. Tipping over often breaks a part or two.
3. Hoover Max Life Pro Vacuum Cleaner Bag-less Upright for Pet Hair UH74220PC
Being a professional brand, Hoover knows exactly what particular features to cover when the home cleaning is under spotlight. With its newly launched product in the competition.
It has further enhanced the deep cleaning process especially for families who own pets. According to many, it is one of the best upright vacuum cleaners in 2022.
Following are some of the salient features of the product being discussed:
- Built with multipurpose pet tools, it tackles all sorts of debris and stubborn pet hair from all kinds of floors, may it be rug or wood, etc.
- The life is further increased three times the previous one, by installing a Maxlife system that enhances the suction power and without having to clean the filter frequently.
- Installed with swivel, it is easy to steer and maneuver during the cleaning process
- The vacuum cleaner comes with a sealed allergen and HEPA media filtration system that allows it to trap 99% of dust, allergens, and any kind of pet danger.
- It consists of an XL dirt cup which is easy to remove.
- High intensity LED lights makes it impossible for the dirt to hide.
Apart from having extraordinary features, there are some negative aspects of it as well:
- Because of its beastly design, it is often hard to handle. Moreover, old age people find it difficult to use because of its immense power.
- The hose clamps do not seem to work properly, as the hose dangles freely while the vacuum is being used
4. New Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum
The Miele Dynamic U1 Powerline is one of the best upright vacuums.
It performs exceptionally well on even hard floors like that of hardwood or linoleum cleaning all sorts of debris, pet hair, and bulky materials.
Along with its sleek design following are some of its salient features:
- It comes with an automatic height adjustment
- It consists of Air Clean sealed system and the Active Air Clean filter that is based on the new charcoal layered technology, enables it to capture and retain 99% of germs and allergens and absorbs the unwanted smell.
- Its motor is a variable speed motor which can be controlled via rotary dial
- It has an extra-large filter bag of six liters.
- It also has LED headlights which adds to its appealing look.
- It’s patented swivel neck, allows the user to have maximum maneuverability
- The company works with pet foundations and with every sale they focus on providing shelter to a pet.
It also comes with a range of diverse tools such as a telescopic wand, crevice nozzle, a brush especially designed for dusting and other upholstery tools.
Although providing its users with a lot of conveniences it does have some cons to itself:
- It’s heavier, weighing almost around 21 pounds. (21.4 lbs)
- Breaks down easily, as its durability is very low.
- Too expensive.
5. Dyson Ball Animal+
When it comes to Dyson, they certainly know what they are doing.
The Dyson ball due to its self-changing head, performs astoundingly well on both low and high-carpet surfaces.
It clears everything from pet hair to coarse trash like sand easily, or any other sort of bulky material for example cereal, etc.
It has a bagless design and zeroes recurring costs.
Following are the features that it offers:
- Installed with ball technology that enhances its handling making it easy to steer during its use.
- It comes with Radial root cyclone technology that captures dust and allergens to a microscopic level
- Self-adjusting cleaning heads
- Installed with HEPA filtration and is certified asthma and allergy-friendly appliance.
- It comes with a set of useful tools to function on various kinds of surfaces such as a multi-angle tool, flat out hard floor tool, stiff bristle brush, carbon fiber soft dusting brush, tangle-free turbine tool, etc.
These exceptional features distinguish the product from others. However, there are some cons that the buyer should look into as well.
- It is highly expensive
- Costing too much, yet built out of mere cheap plastic that reduces its functioning life.
- It weighs more than 26 pounds (26.67 lbs)
6. Bissell Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
One of the most renowned companies “Bissell” has come up with the best budget upright vacuum cleaner.
With its sleek design and plastic-based built body, it is extremely light-weighted and performs exceptionally well on carpets and hard floors.
Following are some outstanding features of Bissel Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum:
- As BISSELL works with a pet foundation, with every purchase the company donates 10$ to the foundation.
- The triple-action brush roll and scatter technology allows enhances its suction power, giving out peak performance.
- Installed with swivel steering technology which allows cleaning around all corners and uptight places.
- The easy empty bin makes it easier for users to clean the trash without any mess.
- The vacuum cleaner comes with various pet tools, that helps in cleaning pet hair and mess.
It may come with some outstanding features but like everything else, it has some flaws as well which are as follows:
- This model requires regular maintenance
- The range of its hose is short which makes it difficult to reach hard-to-reach places
- The motor filter needs to be replaced often
If you are confused about which one is the right vacuum cleaner for you. Bagged or Bagless?
We have a complete article to help you decide whether you should go for bagged vacuums or bagless ones. According to the popular forum reddit. Check it out
7. Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Cordless Bagless. Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2021?
The Navigator Freestyle Premium Cordless Vacuum gives a snappy, cleaning upon a wide range of surfaces.
Starting with one room then onto the next.
It does not just offer unrivaled cleaning on both exposed floor and rug; however, it has powerful suction and a longer run time.
Following are some facts regarding the product:
- It comes with a dust cup capacity of 0.64 quarts.
- It is cordless and works on batteries.
- Armed with a powerful motorized brush, it makes pet hair pick up easier.
- The swivel steering technology for easy maneuvering during the cleaning.
- It is comprises of two-speed settings. It can change when using for bare floor & carpet as required.
- You can attach it with an extra-large dust cup which allows it to be used for a continuous-time without having to empty it.
Along with all its exceptional features, it too has one or two flaws:
- The motorized brush breaks down in a short period
- The bagless container isn’t that big and needs to be emptied often.
Conclusion – Which One is the Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner in 2022?
To conclude, all the appliances have their pros and cons and the respective features that distinguish them from others.
They may seem similar to some extent, yet are different.
You can choose the kind of vacuum that suits your lifestyle and cleaning needs.
We hope you find the best upright vacuum cleaner in 2022 that suits your cleaning requirements.